Airlines have introduced €œsplit scimitar€ winglets into passenger service. The redesign now includes a downturned tip in addition to the traditional upturned wingtip that further reduces drag. This new split scimitar winglet design reduces fuel burn by up to 2%. The addition of the scimitar has caused some safety issues on the tarmacs however. With baggage handlers and vehicles oftentimes having to maneuver under the wings, the scimitar has reduced clearance height. This has caused Monster Motion Safety to introduce the NEW Wing Whip! The Wing Whip was designed to be placed under the wingtip to protect the scimitars on aircraft from damage by passing vehicles. The whip stands 7€™ tall with two brightly colored whips held in a V-shaped pattern underneath the scimitar by the patent-pending Wing Whip Bracket. The bracket was designed to fit a standard delineator with a 16 lb. base (30 lb. base option available for windy locations).
- Deters ground vehicles from entering problematic areas
- Avoids hundreds of thousands of dollars in repairs to the wing of the aircraft
- Each Wing Whip is equipped with flags with reflective Xs that allows optimal functionality during the day and night
- The Wing Whip sits at the eye level of a ground vehicle driver to allow maximum visibility
- Helps to maintain airline efficiency by keeping all scheduled aircraft operational and on-time
- Two units per wing recommended for maximum safety and visibility
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Nickel Compounds, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov..